Happy Saturday evening everyone! Tonight I’ve compiled my elevator pitches for the four novel manuscripts that I’ve written thus far in my writing career. I thought I would open up tonight with a discussion about each one and ask for your thoughts and opinions. Please know that I’m open to your feedback and would be happy to discuss the strong and weak points of each of my pitches! If you also have any elevator pitches, I would love to read them and give you my initial thoughts and impressions as well.
Without further ado, here they are:
- In the Words of Your Love (YA Fiction)
- After being dumped by his girlfriend, high school track runner Ross Chappell turns to an unlikely yearbook project with a fiercely smart and sickly painter named Malorie Knighten to interview twenty students on what young love and committment means to them – and thereby turn Ross’ heartbreak into something more healing.
- Summer Complex (New Adult Fiction)
- Recent engineering graduate Tyler Morris, embittered by a prolonged breakup and string of dead-end job applications, befriends five uniquely screwed up but sincere residents of Meadow Creek apartments, all of whom help Tyler rediscover his purpose in and beyond the barren West Texas town of Presidio Plains.
- The Virility Project, Book 1: A Sacrament of Violence (Pre-dystopian Fiction)
- After surviving an appalling school shooting, seventeen-year-old Casmir Amador enrolls in the Virility Project to serve as a mentor for several young adult recruits ready to fight for their country, Ameras. Casimir and his rebellious mentee, Zachariah Bishay, discover that the military training program is a front for a twisted system of indoctrination helmed by the Operantis leader, Giordano Jurist, who must be stopped before he enmeshes Ameras in the most polemic religious war the world has ever seen.
- Stalder Press to Handstand (Post-Apocalyptic Fiction)
- In a world decimated by wraithlike creatures known as the Unseen, kind but grief-stricken Rayland Mark Calderón fights to survive alongside Jake Knect, a spiritual soul and fellow Acro Yogi who captured Rayland’s heart before the apocalypse – and the only man who can help Rayland absolve himself of his last boyfriend’s betrayal, even as the duo must outsmart a sinister group of bandits who threaten their very existence.
Thanks for reading!